Snowshoes excursions in the Dolomites paradise
Have you never tried snowshoes excursions? Skiing in the ski slopes is certainly a healthy and fun activity, but doesn’t have a lot to do with what we call the real mountain. Try to leave the groomed slopes and enter in the magic world, the silent world of the mountain dressed in white, you will be fascinated.
In the Dolomites, in the past, large snowshoes were mainly used by hunters and farmers to move around with difficulty in snowy landscapes without sinking. At the turn of the century the army stationed in the High Puster Valley introduced new gear to get around in the winter and snowshoes were forgotten.
A turnaround has been experienced in the past years: snowshoes excursions have become fashionable again.
If you want to get in the spectacle of the mountains in winter and the perception to be part of nature, you can simply do it venturing with snowshoes into one of the paths that wind through the woods and the peaks of the Dolomites.
Winter trekking with snowshoes is an activity for everyone, as I have shown in the pages devoted to them. Discover the Dolomites in winter, enjoy snowshoes excursions!
- Where: Cortina and surroundings.
- Difficulty: easy-medium-difficult.
- Price: 330 Euros, up to four people. The price changes according to the number of the participants and the difficulty-length of the itinerary. In the event that we need to take a chair lift or cable car, the ticket is not included.
- Note: snowshoes and poles are given by the guide.
- Remember to dress in layers.
- Waterproof pants, gaiters.Winter jacket, gloves and headgear.
- Trekking shoes. Avoid après-ski shoes.
ENJOY SOLITUDE IN AREAS THAT MIGHT BE CROWDED IN SUMMER
SNOWSHOEING IS AN EXCELLENT LOW-IMPACT AEROBIC EXERCISE
EXPLORE SPECTACULAR AND MAGICAL WINTER LANDSCAPES