The Greek island of Kalymnos, one of the multiplicity of islands of land emerging from the Aegean sea, also known as the sponge island, is a veritable paradise for climbers, both beginners and experts. Its fantastic limestone walls were discovered a few years ago by two Italian climbers, Andrea di Bari and Andrea Gallo. A great many climbers of varied nationalities followed in their wake to develop and promote its great vertical potential.
Climb Kalymnos, a climbers’ paradise
Today (in 2019) the island has almost 80 crags with over 3400 sport climbing pitches, all perfectly equipped.
If you love climbing take advantage of this offer to improve your technique and also to spend a week of holiday in great company in an enchanting place. The atmosphere in Kalymnos is a special one. In the small village of Masouri, an ideal base for climbers, there are, for example, a great many shops selling climbing gear, somewhat unusual at the seaside 🙂 . Don’t miss Climb Kalymnos!
There is a huge range of crags, something for everyone. Many of Kalymnos’s rock crags are just a short distance away from the village on foot while most climbers get to the gyms further away by scooter which can be rented cheaply at one of the village’s many rental shops.
It is usually too hot to climb in the sun and most climbing is done in the shade, setting off early from the hotel and climbing until the early afternoon. In the afternoons you can enjoy Kalymnos’s wonderful sea views or make use of the hotel’s attractive swimming pool.
- Where: Kalymnos (Greece).
- Difficulty: both beginners and experts.
- Lenght: eight days – seven nights.
- Price per person: 4 members € 1500 – 3 members € 2100 – 2 members € 2400 – 1 member € 2800.
- Prices include: accommodation and breakfast at the hotel (with swimming pool), dinner at one of the town’s many restaurants offering some of the excellent dishes produced by Masouri’s many characteristic restaurants, scooter rental for the short journeys required to reach the crags and the assistance of an Alpine Guide.
- The price does not include: airline tickets, and boat and/or ferry tickets (Kos-Kalymnos – Telendos islands), drinks and anything else not specifically referred to in “prices include”.
- Date: the best months for climbing in Kalymnos are April and May and, in fall, October.
- Spring 2022: April and May, date to be agreeed.
- Fall 2022: October, date to be agreeed.
- Note: hotel prices quoted are in double rooms. Single rooms are available on request and a supplement is payable. The hotel is in an excellent position, on the sea, and has a swimming pool.
OVER 3400 SPORT CLIMBING PITCHES
MEDITERRANEO – UNIQUE ATMOSPHERE
SPEND AN UNIQUE, MEMORABLE HOLIDAY